Blair's Blog

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Watching the news today, I heard that a woman in Hamilton, ON had suggested that the refugees from Katrina in New Orleans come to stay in Hamilton over the long term. The first thing I wondered was 'is the U.S that pressed for space?' Not to be inhospitable but do we want our resources strained? Can we afford for our resources to be strained? These people won't be able to work so who will support them? If they get sick who will pay for their health care? I work in health care so this is especially concerning to me. I doubt that this will happen but I have to wonder why we need to step in. Bush should forget about this pissing contest for oil, get his ass back to the Oval Office and come up with a Great American solution. After all they don't need our help-they're Americans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home